These sublime buttery, creamy potatoes are based on the version made famous by French culinary legend Joël Robuchon.
- 3 Pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- kosher salt
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup heavy cream, warmed
- In a saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and season generously with salt. Add the thyme and garlic, bring to a simmer and cook until tender, about 40 minutes. Drain well. Let the potatoes cool, then slip off and discard the skins.
- Using a ricer and working over a large bowl, rice the potatoes with half of the butter. Strain through a fine sieve into a large saucepan, pushing them through with a sturdy rubber spatula. Mix in the remaining butter and the heavy cream. Season with salt.
MAKE AHEAD: The pommes puree can be refrigerated overnight; reheat in the microwave.
Recipe Credit: Rich Torrisi
Image Credit: Con Poulos