Pomegranate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Pomegranate seeds are the most delicious thing about winter, I mean why should summer have all the fun?
These muffin are soooo good. I mean like lick the muffin wrapper clean good (trust me I have done this……several times now).
You guys words do not describe this muffin’s deliciousness. The pomegranate seeds just make these muffins…..not the chocolate! WOW! I cannot believe I just said that, but it’s true. The chocolate really just helps the pomegranate seeds shine.
Oh, yeah. Did I mention these are butter free and whole wheat? Pop um like candy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.75 cup (rounded) chocolate chip
- 0.33 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 0.5 cup canola oil
- 0.25 cup Greek yogurt
- 1.25 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.75 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1.25 tsp baking soda
- 0.33 cup whole wheat flour (or you can use all white flour)
- 0.75 cup pomegranate seed (arils)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk egg and add brown sugar, mixing until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Add greek yogurt and canola oil and mix. Stir in dry ingredients, then add mashed bananas and milk, mixing until batter comes together. The batter will be slightly thick. Stir in chocolate chips and pomegranate seeds. Using an ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into liners until 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely.
Read more from Half Baked Harvest.