Polenta Cakes with Portobello Mushrooms and Burrata
Serving Size: 4
This is an elegant dish you can make with few ingredients and little time on hand!
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1 cup quick cooking polenta
- Pepper and nutmeg, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.33 cup broth
- In a small pot combine milk, broth, olive oil and spices and bring to a boil. Take off the heat and vigorously whisk in the polenta. Reduce the heat to low and add the pot back on. Continue stirring until the polenta thickens. Cover and set aside.
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, halved
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 Ounce burrata cheese
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Add the oil and cook the mushrooms on both sides until starting to soften. Reduce heat to medium-high and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan. Add the polenta to the pan, forming four round cakes. Use a large pastry ring or cookie cutter for a neater presentation. Fry for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
- Arrange the polenta cakes on four plates. Top with mushrooms and burrata and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
For the full post, visit Savory Nothings.