Poached Halibut with Chunky Pineapple Salsa
- 1 Can (about 15 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and diced (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 0.25 cup white wine
- 4 halibut filets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
Drain the pineapple and reserve 2/3 cup juice.
Stir the pineapple chunks, cucumber, red pepper, red onion, vinegar and hot pepper sauce, if desired, in a medium bowl.
Heat the broth, wine and reserved pineapple juice in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat to a boil. Add the fish to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve the fish with the pineapple salsa.