Piri Piri Sauce
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 0.25 cup water
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Thai chiles, finely chopped
- 3 fresh red chiles, such as cayenne—stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 0.5 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the bell pepper, onion, cayenne chiles, Thai chiles, garlic and paprika and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 12 minutes.
- Scrape the mixture into a blender and let cool slightly. Add the vinegar, lemon juice and water and puree until almost smooth. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl. Let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving.
MAKE AHEAD The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 4 days. Let return to room temperature before serving.