Pineapple Pale Ale Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
Looking for a dessert that screams Spring? This Pineapple Pale Ale Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze is everything you love about warmer temperatures and then some. A light fluffy cake piled high with fresh, grilled fruit and finished with a sweet glaze, this is the perfect finish to the end of any meal.
Pineapple Pale Ale Bundt Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- Ounce crushed pineapple
- 12 Ounce pale ale beer
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 4 cup flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.25 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to mixer bowl, mixing just until combined.
- Add milk, mixing until just combined.
- Add another 1/3 of the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Add pale ale, mixing until just combined.
- Add remaining flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until skewer inserted into cake comes out cleanly.
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely.
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.25 cup whipping cream
- 0.25 cup butter
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- Stir all ingredients together in small saucepan over medium heat until mixture begins to simmer and thicken. Poke holes with skewer on top of cake and spoon glaze over top of cooled cake.
- Slice pineapple into rings and grill until grill marks are visible. Cut into large chunks and garnish center of cake.
For the full post, visit Melanie Makes.