Pineapple & Ginger Coconut Cream Popsicles
What could be easier and more perfect for warm weather than popsicles?
I wanted to make something tropical, with layers of flavor, and a little personal challenge to make it vegan. The result were these super scrumptious pineapple & ginger coconut cream popsicles! They are blow your mind good and I promise that you won’t even miss the dairy!
- 1.25 cup cold coconut cream
- 0.25 cup strong flavored ginger beer such as Bundaberg
- 2 Tbsp - 4 Tbsp light agave nectar (see Note)
- 3 cup roughly chopped fresh pineapple
- 0.25 cup brown sugar
- Place the cold coconut cream, ginger beer, and agave in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the pineapple and brown sugar in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Starting with the pineapple mixture, pour alternate layers of the pineapple and coconut cream mixtures into 9-2.5 ounce capacity popsicle molds, allowing each layer to freeze for 20-25 minutes before adding the next. Once all the layers are added, insert popsicle sticks. Freeze or 2-3 more hours or until frozen.
Notes: I added 2 tablespoons of agave for a less sweet coconut cream layer, but if you have a major sweet tooth you may want to bump it a notch to 3 or 4 tablespoons.
For the full post, visit Beard + Bonnet.