Pimento Cheese & Bacon Crostini
- 2.5 cup shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2.5 cup shredded extra-sharp orange cheddar cheese
- 1 7-ounce jar pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 0.75 cup mayonnaise
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- slice baguette, toasted
- 4 strip cooked bacon, crumbled
1. In a mixer fitted with the paddle, combine the white and orange cheddar cheeses. Add the chopped pimentos, mayonnaise, black pepper and garlic powder; blend at low speed. Season the pimento cheese with cayenne pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 400° Spread the pimento cheese on the toasts, top with the bacon and bake until the cheese is melted and browned, about 2 minutes. Serve.