Perfect Chocolate Sorbet
This sorbet is rich, creamy and easy to make with just a few ingredients you already have in your pantry. Even more, if your fridge is completely devoid of unexpired dairy, you can still make it!
- 1 cup Organic White Sugar In The Raw
- 0.5 cup high-quality cocoa powder
- 0.25 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.125 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 2.25 cup water
- 1 Tbsp dark rum
- handful of fresh raspberries
- Combine all ingredients except the rum and raspberries in a saucepan. Turn the heat to medium, and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the rum. Cover and chill the mixture at least 4 hours, or until very cold.
- Pour the mixture in an ice cream maker and churn according to your manufacturer’s instructions. Place the fresh-churned ice cream in a freezer-safe container, and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Just before scooping and serving, smash in the fresh raspberries.
For the full post, visit Dessert for Two.
Compensation for this post was provided by In the Raw ® via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of In the Raw ® or AOL.