Dipped in melted chocolate and rolled in crushed peppermint candy, this flavorful biscotti is a favorite. It's one of the many sweets I make for Christmas. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 0.75 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp crushed peppermint candies
- 3 eggs
- 0.75 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in peppermint candy. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended (dough will be stiff).
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 2 Tbsp shortening
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 0.5 cup peppermint candy
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti; sprinkle with candy. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
For more great Holiday Cookie Recipes visit www.Tasteofhome.com