Penne Rigate with Spicy Braised Swordfish
Serving Size: 4
- 1 Tbsp salt-packed capers
- 2 Tbsp chopped basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 Pound skinless swordfish steak
- 0.5 Pound penne rigate
- 28 Ounce can whole tomatoes, chopped and juices reserved
- 0.5 cup dry white wine
- 6 large anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 large jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 6 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl, cover the capers with warm water. Let stand for 20 minutes; drain.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and jalapeños and cook over moderate heat until the garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. Add the anchovies and cook, mashing, until dissolved, about 30 seconds. Add the white wine and simmer over moderately high heat for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juices and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the penne until al dente. Drain.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and add to the sauce along with the capers. Cover and cook over low heat, turning once, until the fish is just cooked through and can be flaked into large, moist pieces, about 8 minutes. Transfer the fish to a plate. Season the anchovy sauce with salt and pepper. Add the penne to the sauce and simmer over low heat for 1 minute, stirring. Spoon the pasta and sauce into bowls and top with the flaked swordfish. Garnish with the basil and parsley and serve.