Pecan Sticky Buns
- 2 cup whole milk
- 0.75 cup additional sugar
- 2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 0.33 cup light corn syrup
- 0.75 cup light brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2.5 tsp kosher salt
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 4 cup all-purpose flour + 1/2 cup additional
- 2.5 tsp active dry yeast
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 0.5 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
Adapted from Pioneer Woman.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, vegetable oil, 1/2 cup sugar. Heat over medium-low heat until sugar has dissolved and liquid is warm, about 110 degrees F.
- Add yeast and 4 cups of flour, stirring to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and a tea towel for 1 hour.
- Stir in additional 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a skillet or saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 stick of unsalted butter. Stir in brown sugar and light corn syrup. Simmer, stirring constantly, until sugar has dissolved and mixture has thickened and become syrupy. Add pecans and vanilla and stir to combine. Keep warm.
- Combine the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In a separate saucepan, melt remaining 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a very large rectangle, about 15x30-inches. Spread melted butter on dough and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Roll up dough beginning with the long edge, forming a roll 30-inches in length.
- Spread pecan mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Slice roll into 2-inch thick slices and arrange on top of pecan mixture. You should end up with about 12 rolls.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until golden.
- To serve: Invert entire pan of buns onto a large serving platter, or individually onto serving plates. (The side of the bun on the bottom of the pan (pecan side) is the top of the bun.)
For the full post, visit Kitchen Joy.