Pecan-Crusted Pork Chops with Apples
pecan halves (Chef Alex Guarnaschelli prefers Fisher® Pecan Halves), toasted and coarsely chopped
grated lemon zest
unsalted butter, melted
Panko breadcrumbs, toasted
- Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside.
Granny Smith apples, cored, halved and cut into ½-inch thick slices
center-cut bone-in pork chops, preferably with the bone still attached, 1 to 1 ½ inches thick
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil. When the oil begins to smoke lightly, season the pork chops on both sides with salt. Arrange them in a single layer in the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Turn over and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet. Top each pork chop with reserved crust. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until nut crust browns and pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Meanwhile, cook the Granny Smith apple slices with the honey in the pan where the pork chops were cooked over medium heat. Stir occasionally, until tender, 5—8 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, set aside.
- Arrange the pork chops on a platter on top of the apples. Serve immediately.