Peanut Butter Freezer Pie
On sandwiches. In smoothies. Out of the jar. We eat peanut butter on the reg. But the one thing we need more of in our lives? Peanut-butter desserts. Enter this recipe for a no-bake PB pie. Fill a simple graham-cracker crust with indulgent peanut-butter cream. Layer on whipped cream and roasted peanuts, then just freeze and serve.
- whole graham crackers
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until they form fine crumbs. Transfer the crumbs (you should have about 2 cups) to a bowl and add the sugar and melted butter. Mix until the crumbs are moistened.
- Press the graham-cracker mixture into a pie plate to form a crust, bringing it up the sides and onto the edge of the plate. Press firmly to ensure the crust is even. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes.
Filling and Topping
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 0.33 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.25 cup chunky peanut butter
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until foamy. Gradually add the sugar and vanilla, and continue whipping to medium peaks.
- Remove half the whipped cream and reserve for topping the pie. Add the peanut butter and cinnamon to the remaining whipped cream in the bowl of the mixer, and beat until well combined.
- Pour the peanut-butter cream into the frozen piecrust and smooth with a spatula.
- Top the peanut-butter cream with the reserved whipped cream and garnish with the peanuts. Transfer the pie to the freezer and freeze until solid enough to slice, at least 2 hours or up to overnight. To make serving easier, let the pie sit out for 10 minutes at room temperature before slicing.
This recipe originally appeared as No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie on PureWow.com.