Peanut Butter Brownies
A friend of mine gave me the recipe for these layered brownies, but I added my own touch: chunky peanut butter. Every time I take it to a group gathering, I get requests for the recipe. It's a real crowd-pleaser! —Judy Sims, Weatherford, Texas
- 1.5 cup butter, divided
- large marshmallows
- 0.33 cup 2% milk
- 18 Ounce jar chunky peanut butter
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 0.75 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 2 cup none
1. In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup butter; stir in 1/2 cup cocoa until smooth. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Beat in cocoa mixture.
2. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 3-4 minutes on a wire rack.
3. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt peanut butter, uncovered, at 50% power for 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir until peanut butter is blended. Spread peanut butter over warm brownies. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until peanut butter is set.
4. In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, remaining cocoa, marshmallows and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter and marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat. Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares.
Yield: 4 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
For more great Peanut Butter Brownies visit www.Tasteofhome.com.