Peach, Walnut & Ricotta Crostini
I really enjoy cooking for other people. I think it’s my new way of showing them that I love them. I think I’m becoming my mom in some ways. She wasn’t the affectionate type, but her way of showing us love was through her cooking.
She was always willing to cook great meals for us. Even when we were grown up, she would always ask us what we wanted her to cook for us. She would say: just tell me what you want and come and pick it up to take home! Or she would ask: Did you eat? Do you want me to make something for you? Yes mom! I ate already. I’m a grown up you know? You don’t have to worry about if I ate or not I would answer (with a smarty pants voice). Now I wish I had her make more meals for me since I know that was her way of showing us her love. Kids, appreciate the little things your parents do for you even it annoys you. For all you know, that’s their way of showing you their love.
- 0.5 baguette or ciabatta bread
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- finely cut peach slices
- walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Brush some olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the crostini are brownish and crisp. About 20 minutes.
- Top the crostinis with the ricotta cheese, peach slices and some walnut pieces.
- Season with salt & pepper (optional) then drizzle with honey.
Read more from Fit, Fun & Delish!