A hearty serving of this sweet and tart treat is a mouthwatering way to end one of Mom's meals. With the comforting crust, fruit filling and crunchy topping, this dessert is as lovely as it is delicious.—Dianne Esposite, New Middletown, Ohio
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 0.25 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Can (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced peaches
- 0.5 cup butter, cubed
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.5 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Pat into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, drain the peaches and reserve juice in a small saucepan. Stir in the sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in peaches.
- Pour into crust. For topping, combine the oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Yield: 6-8 servings
For more great Crisps and Cobblers visit www.Tasteofhome.com.