Whether it’s too much wine, sick kids or just too late an evening, sometimes we really need a pick me up for lunch, brunch or even dinner. Well, I can attest to the fact that this omelet will do the trick; it’s one of my favorite go-to foods when my energy is lagging.
- 4 cup pasta
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into chunks
- fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 0.5 cup grated parmesan
- 3 eggs, whipped
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Mix together eggs, pasta, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in large sauté pan until melted.
- Pour egg and pasta mixture into pan, cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Flip omelet over onto a serving plate and slide back into sauté pan.
- Cook covered another 5 minutes until firm and browned.
- Remove to serving platter and slice into wedges.
- Serve each slice topped with tomato/basil mixture.
The combination of the hot and cool is fantasticly refreshing! I always make a bit of extra pasta to keep on hand for this kind of dish.
Read more from KC in the Kitchen.