Pasta with Fresh Puttanesca Sauce
This no-cook spicy tomato sauce is flavor-packed with anchovies, capers, green olives and crushed red pepper.
- 0.25 cup drained capers
- Kosher salt
- 0.33 cup chopped basil
- 0.75 Pound short pasta
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 0.5 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 0.75 cup chopped pitted green olives (5 ounces)
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes (1 1/4 pounds), chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, minced
- In a large bowl, mash the capers with the anchovies, heirloom tomatoes, green olives, olive oil and crushed red pepper until a chunky sauce forms. In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain. Add the pasta and chopped basil to the sauce, season generously with salt and black pepper and toss to coat.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: John Kernick