Parmesan-Crusted Chicken in Cream Sauce
Can you imagine if the crusty-crunchy chicken Parm with silky, creamy sauce you order whenever you see it on a menu were made to fit your healthy eating plan? You're welcome.
- 2 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
- 14 Ounce fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 0.5 cup water
- 6 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp KRAFT grated parmesan cheese
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 2 tsp oil
- 0.33 cup PHILADELPHIA chive & onion 1/3 less fat than cream cheese
- 0.75 Pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, steamed
- COOK rice in 1-1/4 cups broth and 1/2 cup water as directed on package.
- MEANWHILE, mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan on plate. Rinse chicken with water; gently shake off excess water. Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each breast. Discard any remaining crumb mixture.
- HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 min. on each side or until done (165°F). Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm. Add remaining broth and reduced-fat cream cheese to skillet; bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Cook 3 min. or until thickened, stirring frequently; spoon over chicken. Serve with rice and asparagus.
Kraft Kitchens tips:
Prepare using plain PHILADELPHIA 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese and adding 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives to skillet along with the remaining broth and reduced-fat cream cheese.
Substitute 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen green beans, cooked and drained, for the asparagus.
To store asparagus, stand fresh spears upright in a container filled with about 1 inch of water. Cover loosely with a plastic bag and refrigerate. Or, store in refrigerator with a damp paper towel wrapped around base of stalks and cover loosely with a plastic bag. Asparagus is best when cooked the day it is purchased, but will keep up to 3 or 4 days. Wash just before using.