Parmesan Bruschetta with Mushroom Ragu
Serving Size: 18
- 2 cup hot water
- 0.25 chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup 14.5 oz.) HUNT'S® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 0.5 Can KRAFT grated parmesan cheese
- 0.25 cup crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp onion, chopped
- 0.5 Pound fresh cremini mushroom
- 0.5 Pound shiitake mushroom
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (1 oz.) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 French bread baguette(1 lb.), ends trimmed, baguette cut into 18 slices
- Add hot water to dried mushrooms in bowl; let stand 15 min. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add fresh mushrooms, onions, crushed pepper and 1/4 cup cheese; mix well. Cook 10 min., stirring frequently.
- Add soaked mushrooms (with liquid) to skillet along with the tomatoes and thyme; stir. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 10 min., stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 425ºF. Place bread slices in single layer on baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 min.
- Spoon mushroom mixture onto toast slices just before serving.
Kraft Kitchen tips:
1 tsp. dried thyme for the fresh thyme.
KRAFT Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping for the Parmesan cheese.