Pappardelle with Tomatoes, Almonds and Parmesan
- 1.5 Pound heirloom tomatoes, chopped into different sizes
- 0.25 cup chopped marcona almonds
- 1 Pound dried pappardelle
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 small fresh hot red chile, minced
- 0.25 cup shredded basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp minced oregano
- 2 Tbsp minced shallots
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 0.25 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes with the vinegar, olive oil, shallots, oregano, basil and chile and season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain. Add the pasta to the tomato mixture and toss. Mix the almonds and Parmigiano, sprinkle over the pasta and serve right away.
Recipe Credit: Grace Parisi
Image Credit: Con Poulos