Pancakes (Crepes) with Cinnamon Sugar
There is no better time (other than when it’s raining) to make pancakes with cinnamon sugar, than over a weekend. And if it’s a rainy weekend, well then you’ve hit the jackpot. Make them with your kids and eat on the couch while watching movies. Instant wonderful memories, guaranteed! Have a wonderful weekend!
- 1 litre (0.26 gallons) water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup oil
- 4 tsp white vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder mixed with 2 teaspoons luke warm water
- 2 cup caster sugar
- 3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Mix everything together, beating well to ensure there are no lumps. Allow to stand for 15-20 minutes covered.
- When you are ready to bake the pancakes, mix the batter again and if it’s too thick, add a bit more water. It needs to be quite thin, only a little thicker than pouring cream.You’ll see if you bake the first few if the batter is too thick, the pancakes need to be very thin and almost lace-like.
- Heat the pan and spray with cooking spray and add 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Add ladle-fulls of the batter to the pan and allow to cook before flipping. Keep the pancakes warm on a plate set over a pot of simmering water.
- When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar over the pancakes and roll up.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges.
Read more from Simply Delicious.