Pan Seared Tilapia with Cherry Tomatoes & Basil
- Two 4-ounce tilapia fillets
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 0.5 cup dry white wine
- 0.5 Pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 0.5 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 0.5 cup chopped fresh basil
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and then add the tilapia fillets. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove the fillets from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of butter and then stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until soft.
- Pour in the wine and salt, and increase the heat to high. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the wine is reduced in half. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute more.
- Plate the tilapia and spoon the tomato/wine mixture over the fillets. Garnish with the basil.
Recipe Credit: Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Image Credit: Todd Porter & Diane Cu