Pan-Seared Salmon in Peach Mango Sauce
- 4 salmon filet, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh baby spinach
- 4 cup cracked black pepper
- 0.25 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 0.25 cup mango, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 V8 V-Fusion® Peach Mango Juice
- 1.5 cup clove garlic, minced
- 1 large red pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 vegetable cooking spray
- cooked regular brown rice
Season the salmon as desired.
Spray a 12-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the salmon, skin-side up and cook for about 5 minutes or until it's well browned. Turn the salmon over and cook for 4 minutes or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove the salmon from the skillet and keep it warm.
Add the red pepper and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium heat until the pepper is tender-crisp.
Stir the juice, mango, honey, cornstarch, lime juice and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir the juice mixture and the spinach into the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the cilantro. Serve over the salmon. Serve with the rice.