Oysters on the Half Shell with Ceviche Topping
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Asian fish sauce
- 1 tsp minced candied ginger
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 0.25 cup peeled, seeded and finely diced cucumber
- 0.25 cup finely diced peeled Asian pear
- 12 freshly shucked oysters on the half shell, such as Rappahannocks
- In a small skillet, toast the coriander seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely crush the seeds in a mortar. In a small bowl, mix the crushed coriander with all of the remaining ingredients except the oysters.
- Arrange the oysters on crushed ice. Spoon some of the topping on each one and serve right away, passing additional topping at the table.
Recipe Credit: Dylan Fultineer
Image Credit: Christina Holmes