This is the perfect recipe for breakfast without too much fuss.
- 1 cup fruity muesli (super if you make your own but store bought is great too)
- 1 cup (200 grams) Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 0.25 cup apple juice or milk
- 2 Tbsp cornflakes or crunchy granola
- 2 Tbsp nuts (pistachios, chopped almonds, pecans, brazil nuts - anything you have, really)
- Chopped fruits or berries for the topping
- The night before: Pour the muesli in to a bowl. Add in the greek yogurt, honey and milk/juice.
- Stir well. Cover with a lid and pop into the fridge overnight.
- The next morning: Take the bowl out of the fridge. If you prefer it slightly warmer, pop into the microwave for 30 seconds to bring it to room temperature.
- The museli will have soaked in the yogurt and the flavour of the juice. If you find it too thick, add some more juice or milk.
- Add cornflakes or granola for the crunch factor.
- Top with the chopped nuts and fruits. (I've topped mine with pistachios and dried cranberries.)
- Add some more honey or maple syrup if you prefer it sweeter.
- Dig in!
Variations: Instead of Greek yogurt, you could also use fruit yogurts for an added flavor. Strawberry yogurt works really well. You could easily mash some strawberries into the yogurt before soaking the muesli in it.
For the full post, visit Archana's Kitchen.