Oven-Roasted Squash with Garlic & Parsley
- 5 Pound winter squash (such as butternut, buttercup, kabocha or hubbard), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks (see Tip)
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Toss squash with 4 teaspoons oil, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender throughout and lightly browned, 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the variety of squash).
3. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Toss the roasted squash with the garlic and parsley. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve.
To Make Ahead: Cut squash up to 1 day ahead; store airtight in the refrigerator.