Oven Fries with Herbs and Pecorino
- 2 large baking potatoes, cut into 4-by-1/2-inch sticks
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp minced sage
- 1 tsp minced rosemary
- 0.25 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the potato sticks with the olive oil until evenly coated. Spread the potato sticks on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the upper third of the oven, turning once or twice with a spatula, until they are golden and crispy, about 30 minutes.
2. Sprinkle the minced garlic and herbs over the fries and toss well. Roast for about 5 minutes longer, until the herbs are fragrant and the garlic is lightly browned. Transfer the fries to a large bowl and toss with the grated Pecorino Romano. Season with salt and pepper and serve.