Our Best Cheesecake
Better than all the rest. What else can we say? How about this: It's a rich, creamy, cherry-topped showstopper that's so easy, even beginners can pull it off.
- 1.75 cup HONEY MAID graham cracker crumbs
- 0.33 tsp margarine or butter, melted
- 1.25 cup cups sugar, divided
- 3 (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 2 vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 21 oz.cherry pie filling
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F if using a silver 8- or 9-inch springform pan (or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick 8- or 9-inch springform pan). Mix graham cracker crumbs, margarine and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Press firmly onto bottom and 2-1/2 inches up side of pan; set aside.
- BEAT cream cheese and the remaining 1 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour into crust.
- BAKE 1 hour to 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Turn oven off. Open oven door slightly. Let cheesecake set in oven 1 hour. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan; remove rim. Top cheesecake with pie filling just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Kraft Kitchen tips:
SUBSTITUTE Prepare as directed, using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese.
HOW TO EASILY CUT CREAMY DESSERTS When cutting creamy-textured desserts, such as cheesecake, carefully wipe off the knife blade between cuts with a clean damp towel. This prevents the creamy filling from building up on the blade, ensuring nice clean cuts that leave the filling intact.