Ouefs Au Plat
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp butter for sauteing
- 4 slices of baguette or country style sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 tsp minced chives
- 1 tsp minced tarragon
- 0.125 cup heavy cream
- 0.125 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup julienned smoked ham
- 1 cup assorted wild mushrooms, trimmed and washed (shiitake, oyster, chanterelle, any assorted mushroom in season)
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium (about 7-inch) heavy cast iron skillet, over high heat, combine the butter, mushrooms, and ham. Sautee over high heat for a few minutes until mushrooms are just tender and slightly brown. Reduce heat to medium and add in the heavy cream.
- Crack open the eggs and add them to the pan. Now transfer the entire pan to a preheated 375 degree oven. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until egg whites are fully cooked. Carefully remove from oven and sprinkle the chopped herbs and grated Swiss cheese all over the top. Season with sea salt and black pepper, then place back in the oven to melt the cheese.
- When cheese is just melted (few minutes), remove from oven and serve immediately. Garnish with grilled bread.