Orzo with Lemon Artichoke Pesto, Roasted Garlic, Corn and Cherry Tomatoes
The star of this dish is the artichoke pesto, Some condiments just go with everything like BBQ sauce and Italian dressing. I have never met a chicken, steak or piece of seafood that did not fair well with a dash of either. Then there is pesto. With a wide array of pesto variations, you can’t really go wrong with it. Walnut Pesto, Parsley Pesto, Red Pepper Pesto, the possibilites are endless but if I dare to say I shall crown artichoke pesto the hands down winner in my book.
- 1 bag of frozen artichoke hearts, drained or 1 14 oz. can of drained artichoke hearts
- 1 Pound orzo
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 0.5 tsp extra virgin olive oil ( may need more based on personal preference and type of artichokes used)
- 0.5 tsp salt and pepper each
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp minced roasted garlic (you can find this in a glass jar in your grocery store) stock up- its so good and helps when you are in a bind)
- 0.33 cup basil
- 0.33 cup parsley
- 0.5 cup pecans, chopped
- 1.5 cup cherry tomatoes (your preference)
- Combine 3/4 of the artichokes in a blender or food processor with the pecans, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, lemon juice and garlic. Pulse until combined then slowly being pouring in the oil pulsing until pesto is nice and smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the orzo according to the package directions, drain. If you are grilling/roasting your corn then butter each side and place on high heat or 400 for 10 minutes. If you are boiling the corn, place corn cobs in a large stockpot of boiling water and boil for 5-7 minutes. Regardless of method allow corn to cool and then remove kernels from the cob.
- Combine the corn, orzo, artichoke pesto, parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes and the remaining 1/4 cup of artichoke hearts. Toss and enjoy.
Read more from Kitchen Belleicious.