Orecchiette with Veal, Capers and White Wine
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 cup chopped flat-leaf parsely
- 0.5 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 0.75 Pound orecchiette
- 2 Tbsp small capers, rinsed
- 0.5 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1.5 cup chicken stock
- 0.5 cup dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Pound ground veal
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1. In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the veal, season with salt and pepper and raise the heat to high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veal is no longer pink and any liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes.
2. Add the white wine to the skillet and boil over high heat until nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock, thyme, rosemary and capers and simmer over moderate heat until the liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the orecchiette in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta well and add it to the skillet along with the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, chopped parsley and butter. Cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to bowls and serve right away.