- 1.5 cup fresh orange juice
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 Pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 0.25 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- Steamed rice, for serving
- In a saucepan, bring the orange juice, sugar and soy sauce to a boil. Simmer over moderately high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes. Stir in the zest.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Cook half of the shrimp over moderate heat, turning once, until white throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate. Repeat with the remaining olive oil and shrimp. Return all of the shrimp to the skillet, add the orange glaze, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the shrimp to a platter, garnish with parsley and serve with rice.
Recipe Credit: Michael Cimarusti
Image Credit: Con Poulos