Serving Size: 4
The key to making this dish is to have all the ingredients prepared before you begin sautéing the onions.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.125 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 0.25 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 3 large fresh sage leaf, minced
- 3 large fresh basil leaf, torn into pieces
- 0.5 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 0.33 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside. Heat oil in a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until soft, about 6 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in egg mixture. Spoon dollops of ricotta evenly over.
- Cook until frittata begins to set, about 2 minutes. Place in oven; bake until just set, 7-9 minutes. Slide the frittata onto a platter. Cut into wedges; serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe Credit: David Downie
Image Credit: Marcus Nilsson