One Pot Weeknight Curry
Serving Size: 4
- 1 13½ ounce can coconut milk, unstirred
- 0.5 cup salted cashews
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into ½-inch wedges
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 1 large delicata squash, seeds removed and sliced into 11/4-inch half moons
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 0.5 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp sriracha, optional
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp Tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- To serve: ? cup cilantro leaves, lime wedges, 4 servings of prepared jasmine rice
- Measure 3 tablespoons of the thickened cream from the coconut milk and place it in a 6-quart pot. Whisk in the curry paste and cook over medium-high heat, whisking frequently, until the mixture is fragrant and slightly darker in color, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining coconut cream and milk from the can along with the tamari, brown sugar, water, sriracha, and ginger; whisk until combined. Bring to a simmer and add the broccoli, squash, sweet potato, and yellow onion. Partially cover, turn the heat down to medium, and continue simmering, stirring occasionally, until the squash and potatoes are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the cashews in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until dark in spots, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Stir the cashews into the pot and serve over rice with a sprinkle of cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
For the full post, visit Beard + Bonnet.