Okra Double Dippers
Serving Size: 6
- 1 Pound okra
- 0.5 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp white miso (also called shiro miso)
- black and white sesame seeds, for dipping
- thinly sliced fresh red chiles, for dipping
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the okra until bright green, about 30 seconds; drain well. Transfer the okra to a baking sheet and refrigerate until it has cooled slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the miso. Put the sesame seeds and chiles in 2 small bowls. To eat, dip the okra spears in the miso mayonnaise, then dip in the toppings.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: John Kernick