Oatmeal with Agave In The Raw Pear Compote
Serving Size: 2
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 4 Seckel Pears (or 2 Bosc), peeled and chopped
- 4 dried apricots
- 2 fresh figs, halved
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Agave In The Raw®
- 2 Tbsp water
- Zest of one lemon and one Tbs of lemon juice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Bring 2 cups water and 1/4 tsp. salt (optional) to a boil. Add 1 cup oats, reduce heat and cook for 1 to 5 minutes (time depending on the consistency that you like your cereal) stirring occasionally. Cover, remove from heat and let stand a few minutes.
- Melt butter on medium heat in a medium sized pan. Add pears and sauté until softened and golden.
- Add water, Agave In The Raw® and apricots. Cook until pears are soft but firm.
- Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and cinnamon. Add figs and serve warm over oatmeal.