Serving Size: 54
Try baking these buttery date-studded cookies for the holidays.
- 1.25 cup pecan halves
- 2.33 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 cup finely chopped plump Medjool dates
- 0.5 tsp kosher salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3.75 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 0.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans until finely ground. In a medium bowl, whisk the ground pecans with the flour, dates and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, combine the butter with ¾ cup of the confectioners’ sugar and the vanilla and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the remaining 3 cups of confectioners’ sugar in a large pie pan. Working in 3 batches, using a 1-ounce ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough into 1-inch balls. Arrange the balls on the prepared sheets at least 1 inch apart. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, until lightly browned on the bottom; rotate the baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then roll them in the confectioners’ sugar until completely coated. Let cool completely, then roll again in the confectioners’ sugar.
Make Ahead: The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Recipe Credit: Duane Sorenson
Image Credit: Rick Poon