New & Improved Baked Apple
- 1 starchy baking apple
- 0.5 tsp butter (can substitute coconut oil)
- 2 tsp sugar or honey
- 1 tsp rolled oat
- 1 tsp chopped walnuts or raisins (optional)
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
1. Peel, core and slice apples. Place with core hole vertical in an oven-safe baking dish.
2. Fill core hole with butter, 1 teaspoon sugar, oats and walnuts or raisins.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon and remaining sugar over the top of the apple.
4. Bake in 300 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Check to see if it's done by poking at apple. If it does not yield easily, pour 1/2 cup apple cider, hard apple cider or water into pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until apples are cooked to your desired texture.