- 6 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 6 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 0.75 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ
- 0.25 cup unsalted butter, softened
- In a bowl, toss the nectarines with the granulated sugar, juice, thyme and a pinch of salt; let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and wheat germ with a pinch of salt. Using your fingers, work in the butter until the mixture is sandy. Press the streusel into small clumps and scatter on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spoon the nectarines, thyme and any juices into 6 individual cast-iron baking dishes. Bake the nectarines for about 20 minutes, until the fruit is softened. Meanwhile, bake the streusel, stirring once, for about 10 minutes, until browned.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the fruit, bake for 5 minutes longer and serve.
Image Credit: Andrew Purcell
Recipe Courtesy of: Grace Parisi