Mussels and Clams Over Linguini
- 16 Ounce box fettuccini
- Lemon wedges
- 1 Pound peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 1 Pound clams
- 1 Pound mussels
- 1 whole bay leaf (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 chopped shallot
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 0.25 cup flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a big pot of water to boil and add fettuccini.
- Cook fettuccini according to package directions, then strain and set aside.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat.
- Add olive oil and chopped shallot.
- Saute until shallots soften, then add the garlic.
- Once the garlic has softened, add the white wine and vegetable broth.
- Add salt, cayenne, black pepper, crushed red pepper, paprika and bay leaf.
- Once the broth is nice and bubbly, add mussels, clams and shrimp.
- Boil about 8 minutes, or until the shells have opened.
- Add the fettuccini to the pot and toss well.
- Squeeze the lemon across the top and add a pinch of sea salt.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Image Credit: Haylie Duff