Mussel and White Bean Stew
- 2 Pound mussels, scrubbed
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 Can (14-ounce each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Thai or other small red chile, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.75 cup dry white wine
- 0.75 cup dry sherry
- crusty bread, for serving
1. In a deep skillet, combine the mussels, sherry and wine. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over moderate heat until the mussels open, 3 minutes. Remove the mussels from their shells. Strain the broth; reserve 1 cup.
2. Wipe out the skillet and heat the olive oil in it. Add the garlic and chile and cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Stir in the beans. Add the broth, season with salt and bring to a boil. Add the mussels and the parsley and heat through. Serve the stew with crusty bread.