Serving Size: 2
This simple, smart recipe uses the ingredients in a classic muffuletta sandwich (salami, ham, provolone, roasted peppers and olives) in a calzone that's baked until warm and melty.
- 0.5 Pound pizza dough
- 4 Ounce sliced provolone cheese
- 4 Ounce thinly sliced ham
- 2 Ounce sliced Genoa salami
- 2 roasted bell peppers, drained
- 0.5 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 450°. On a lightly floured work surface, using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough to a 10-inch round. On one half of the dough, layer the cheese, ham, salami, bell peppers and olives. Fold the dough over the filling and crimp the edge to seal.
- Brush the top with olive oil and bake for about 25 minutes, until golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Christina Holmes