The Morning After Sandwich
- 0.5 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- 1 medium boiled egg
- 0.5 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 cup Casa Bolo Melange cheese or any other Wisconsin Gouda
- 2 pat of butter
- Whichever fromage you decide to use, make sure to grate it up and lay a nice hefty handful on top of one slice of bread.
- Then pile on half an avocado and eat the rest. Salt it. Right now.
- Eggy, eggy, eggy time. Crumble up one medium boiled egg and lay it on top. If you've never had an egg like this before, it's just like a hard boiled one but with a runnier center. You can do it by gently boiling the eggs for around 8 minutes. I like them better this way. Trust me, I think you will, too.
- Drizzle some sriracha all over it. Bathe it in sriracha. Do it.
- Slap on the rest of the cheese and lay a slice of bread on top and get ready for grilling.
- If your butter is soft then smear it on the bread and if it's not, then just put a dab in your grill pan and turn it to medium heat. Let it melt for a hot second and then add your sammie in. Wait 'til it gets all golden and crispy-looking and wait for the cheese to get gooey and then flip it! Remember to butter both sides, though. Duh. You know that. Why did I even mention it?
- Let it rest for a second, chug a glass of water, pop some advils, and put your sunglasses on. Maybe even put on some makeup. I don't know, whatever makes you feel better. When you come back, the sandwich should be cool enough to eat and the cheese should be the perfect temperature. Chow down my friends.
Read more from Grilled Cheese Social.