The Modern Martini
Serving Size: 8
This lime-and-cilantro-infused cocktail will appeal to both Gimlet and Martini drinkers. We like to use Tanqueray for its strong juniper and spice profile.
Cilantro Lime Gin
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 750-ml bottle London dry gin
- 3 cup resh cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 0.25 cup fresh lime juice
- Combine sugar and 2 tablespoons hot water in a large jar, cover, and shake until sugar is dissolved.
- Add gin, cilantro, and lime juice (save gin bottle for finished product).
- Cover and chill 2 days.
- Strain into a medium bowl; discard cilantro.
- Pour cilantro-lime gin back into reserved bottle.
- 8 lime twists or rounds
- For each cocktail, pour 3 ounces cilantro-lime gin into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Cover; shake until cocktail shaker is frosty, about 30 seconds. Strain into a chilled Martini glass and garnish with lime.
- DO AHEAD: Cilantro-Lime Gin can be made 1 month ahead. Keep chilled.
Recipe courtesy of: The Modern in NYC
Image Credit: Matt Duckor