- 2 large garlic cloves
- 8 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 2 cup lightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- 1 cup roasted nuts, such as walnuts smoked almonds pine nuts or pistachios
- 3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for packing
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 Ounce Pecorino Romano cheese, grated 1 cup
1. In a food processor, chop the garlic. Add the basil, parsley and mint and pulse until chopped. Add the nuts and oil and pulse until a smooth paste forms. Add the butter and cheese and pulse until incorporated. Season with salt.
2. Spoon the pesto into five 1/2-pint canning jars or airtight plastic containers. Tap lightly on a flat surface to release any air bubbles. Pour 1/2 inch of olive oil on top of the pesto. Seal the jars and refrigerate for up to 2 months or freeze for up to 6 months.