Mixed Berry Hobo Packs with Grilled Pound Cake
- 1 Pound mixed strawberries and blueberries, strawberries halved or quartered if large
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 0.75 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 4 12-inch squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices of pound cake
- crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream for serving
1. Light a grill. In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and blueberries with the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch. Spoon 1/4 tablespoon of the butter in the center of each sheet of foil and top with the fruit. Bring 2 sides of the foil up over the fruit and fold to form a seam across the top. Fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the hobo packs completely.
2. Grill the hobo packs over moderate heat until the fruit is sizzling, about 10 minutes.
3. Spread the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter on the pound cake and grill on both sides just until toasted, about 1 minute. Transfer to plates. Open the hobo packs and pour the berries and juices over the pound cake. Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche or ice cream.