Miso-Ginger Chicken and Cabbage
- 3 Tbsp light miso paste
- 3 Ounce daikon radish, peeled and thinly sliced 1/2 cup
- 0.75 Pound Napa cabbage, coarsely chopped 4
- 0.5 Pound shiitake mushrooms, caps quartered
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1.25 Pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 0.75 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. In a bowl, whisk the miso, garlic, sesame oil and 1/2 cup of the stock. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat until just cooked through, 4 minutes; using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
2. Add the shiitake, ginger and the remaining stock to the skillet. Cover and cook over moderate heat until the shiitake are tender, 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and chicken and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute. Add the miso sauce and bring to a simmer. Stir in the daikon and scallions. Transfer to bowls and serve.