Mini Western Omelettes
Try this recipe substituting your favorite ingredients: broccoli and cheese; spinach and mushroom; or sausage, etc. Twelve mini omelettes were more than enough for the two of us. I will definitely make this again and love how easy it is to take a left over mini with me to work.
- 8 large eggs
- 0.25 cup milk
- 0.5 cup bacon, chopped
- 0.25 cup green pepper, diced
- 0.5 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 0.25 cup onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown bacon pieces for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain bacon pieces on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add vegetables to the hot pan to heat through.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a 12-cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon out the bacon and veggie mixture evenly into each cupcake. Top with grated cheese.
- Pour the eggs over mixture until a little more than ¾ full.
- Sprinkle with remainder cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator to enjoy during the week.
Read more from What Micky Eats.